Wednesday, July 4

snails,snails, snails

Not had one chance in the last month or so to do any craft. My daughter was given a terms project - subject open - so being the nature lover/artist she is, has done a sketchpad on the wildlife in her backyard. When we get it back from school I will photograph it so you can see. It is really good. I was hoping she wouldn't follow in her parents shoes and be interested in design etc but it is in her genes and I must admit she is getting good.
We finished off with a study of snails one of her favourite bugs. {when she was little I once caught her in the garden with a whole line of slugs and snails - licking them to see which one tasted better} Here is the montage of the unlucky snails to be found and examined by Blythe. Actually they were harder to find than you would think.

The rest of my time has been taken up with getting the house ready for my brother and family arriving from Bulgaria at the weekend. Haven't seen him or his children for four years so it will be strange and good. He is my elder brother a lot older than me so I don't really know him very well. He has a daughter the same age as mine, I'm hoping they will get on and be close cousins.

It was the dreaded teachers consultation evenings last week which sent us into turmoil after finding out my little lad, Dan isn't doing too well. My daughter is dyslexic and were hoping that Dan wouldn't suffer the same - I actually don't think he is the same - I rather put this down to his general dislike of school (been like this from day one) and a general lack of faith in the teacher (any class 1 teacher who wears brown and doesn't have a smiling happy character shouldn't be a teacher in my opinion). So after meetings with head teacher the task is to make Dan happy at school before he becomes to disillusioned and trouble! So if any one has any ideas on how to achieve this I would be grateful.

No comments: