Saturday, May 31

Bloggers?

Recently I was listening to the news on the radio and there was an article about blogging with a journalist who was obviously not one of our fans. We were described as depressed and boring with very little ability to write. It made me mad and it made me think. Yes I would never describe myself as a novelist, with dyslexia running through my brain. I guess I don't think through words I think with my eyes and hands. Yes I have done a blog about my recent illness which was linked to stress and depression. Was he right?

NO!

Blogging to me is a window into the lives of others in far away places. I am an intrinsically nosey person - I freely admit this. Reading craft and design blogs (my main blogging experience) give me ideas, inspiration and pleasure. In addition doing my own blog has forced me to write - as a child with poor English skills I never wrote a diary or read very widely because it wasn't a pleasure, but through blogs I have found myself buying more books, reading more. In addition the pleasure in getting comments, and arranging swaps with people from countries I might never visit is wonderful.

So to that journalist my advice is start Reading craft blogs, forget about our use of grammar and lighten up!

No comments: