Tuesday, March 31

knickers4africa


I have come across this type of charity on a few occasions in the recent past. It started with a radio programme of BBC radio 4 about Oxfam and the desperate need for bras in the developing world - bras are very complex garments which are just too expensive. However or second hand garments are very valuable. This is one garment I would have never recycled in the past but will in the future. Then I can across knickers4africa who provide new knickers for Africans and also collect second hand clothing such as baby clothes and bras.

I thought hard, wether or not to give my support this charity - Was it something I felt was worthy? - It wasn't food? But then I read about there efforts and that knickers (cotton) can help the health of a person.
So have a read and make up your own mind - at the very least put your old bras in the recycled bins for oxfam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I am the founder of Knickers 4 Africa and can understand your quandry. I appreciate that most people want to donate food and medical supplies, but we decided that as there were a lot of charities out there supplying them, that we would try to do something to help in another area.

I really appreciate your support and hope that your readers follow your advise and donate their used bras soon!

Emma